The annual Speedhunters Cars of the Year Voting has recently taken place on Speedhunters.com, the car culture blog of video game, Need for Speed.
Voted by readers, two cars designed by Andy Blackmore Design won awards. The Need for Speed Mustang RTR-X, designed with Vaughn Gittin Jr won the Demo car of the Year.
Andy was also responsible for the livery of the Mad Mike Mazda RX-8 which won Pro-Drift Car of the Year. This comes shortly after the RX8 also won ‘Best looking Formula Drift car’ voted by the series and important individuals in the genre.
Congratulations to Vaughn, Mike Whidett and to Twins Turbo, who built both cars!
As the racing season comes to a close, it has been a great season for Andy Blackmore Design, partnering with Champions on both sides of the Atlantic
Congratulations go to the following partners.
- Team Aon (Ford Focus) – British Touring Car Championship Independent Teams Trophy
- Tom Chilton (Team Aon) – British Touring Car Championship Independent Drivers Championship
- Level 5 Motorsport – American Le Mans Series ‘LMPC’ Team Championship
- Scott Tucker – American Le Mans Series ‘LMPC’ Drivers Championship
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. – Formula Drift Championship
The Team Need for Speed/Red Bull Mazda RX-8, which Mad Mike Whiddett campaigned in the 2010 Formula Drift Championship won the ‘Best looking Car’ Award at the season banquet. The award was presented following voting by drivers, teams and industry figures.
Andy worked with Mike on the livery, a variation of Andy’s BMW Z4 design for Team Need for Speed to include Mike’s Red Bull sponsorship. It was quite a challenge for Andy to incorporate both brands on the car. The look of the car is also helped by its low stance and its cool wheels which Mike and Twins Turbo designed.